The “work anywhere” challenge
A major challenge facing today’s IT director is how to bridge the gap between the demand from users for the simplicity and ease of use of the applications they use every day, and the increasing security, data integrity and process requirements of the enterprise. Partners, lawyers and support staff are used to the ease with which they can access personal information and functionality on their favourite devices but are frustrated by the difficulty of doing the same when it comes to the services they need to do their jobs.
This is accentuated when considering the increasingly mobile nature of today’s lawyers. Banning the use of Dropbox, OneDrive and other consumer equivalents because of security concerns, without providing a sensible alternative, is not a sustainable way forward for the IT department.
Work anywhere with solutions from Point.io and VESK for Legal
Point.io has joined with legal IT specialist firm VESK For Legal to create a joint solution to address the “work anywhere” challenge.
Point.io connects to over 30 industry-leading enterprise content management (ECM) and information storage solutions. These include iManage/WorkSite, OpenText, EMC Documentum, SharePoint, DropBox, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Google Drive, Salesforce, FTP and Windows shared drives.Point.io also integrates additional upcoming tools such as Docusign for digital signatures, , increasing productivity and simplifying process.
Making iManage mobile the easy way
Point.io’s iManage integration allows you to access the same documents you use in the office when you’re out and about – you can work from anywhere on whatever device you prefer to use.
A ‘one-click’ download will copy all the files you have accessed in the last thirty days, and the contents of their parent Workspaces, to secure storage solutions such as Citrix ShareFile or Microsoft’s OneDrive for Business, thereby providing you with all the information you need at your fingertips. It mails you when it’s done, so press the button and go!
The access rights associated with iManage are maintained so you can only see the documents you should.
Edit on the go using familiar Office tools and bring back in-house
Work on the documents you want, when you want, on whatever device you want using standard Microsoft Office tools. When you’re finished, simply press a button to create a single email containing links to all the documents you have changed allowing you to check the files back into iManage, or delegate the task.
Secure and compliant with Safe Harbour
Documents and files are transferred to OneDrive for Business or Citrix ShareFile secure storage solutions and automatically deleted once you have finished working on them. Point.io protects your documents and ensures you only work on current files!
To find out more about this and many other custom Apps for Legal, please contact us
Enterprise systems (CRM and ERP among others) do not always fulfill their potential. They are bloated. They have fixed functionality. They are not easily modified for specific needs. Or are too expensive to modify and maintain. This is what we call “The Packaged App Gap”.
- For teams in the field, remote workers, mobile managers or frequent travelers, Point.io builds apps that are BOTH browser-based & mobile to manage and complete business processes.
- We deploy simply, quickly, and at a cost that encourages the deployment of situational apps. Solve every-day problems with your every-day budget.
- Apps built with Point.io can be deployed quickly because they plug-into existing IT architecture without disrupting them. That is, we meet IT’s existing requirements for ease of adoption, hosting, connectivity, and security.
- We have learned that app are even easier to adopt and afford when they are planned with simplicity in mind.
- In the case of situational apps, your philosophy can be that apps are deployed with a singular purpose or that they can be assembled in suites to tackle more complex problems RATHER than building a single, complex application.
Every business experiences the Packaged App Gap. Every business finds it’s own way over that Gap. By choosing a solution that encourages reuse, you can avoid filling your gap with garbage.