Welcome to Point.io SlashHack.
This page is intended to be a quick start for technical users interested in building applications leveraging the Point.io platform. The material on this page is ‘at your own risk’. We try to keep the up-to-date but it is a bit of a backdoor–don’t tell the boss that we propped it open.
Using this page
If you are wanting to get started using the raw APIs to drive document management (APIdoc), cloud/hybrid data access (APIdata), or workflow (APIflow) then look at the “Using the APIs” section below. This will give you the lowest level of access to the core facilities. There isn’t anything you can’t do in Point.io that you can’t do with a combination of the right REST API calls.
If you want to build a mobile app using native SDKs or snatch some ready-made code that you can make your own, go to the “Using the Mobile SDK & Open Source” section below. You can download the latest SDK version or grab the code from GitHub. The SDK is a subset of most-commonly used functions from our REST APIs implemented as native libraries in Object-C or Java.
If you want to quickly deploy composed apps inside the web or mobile container (do.io on the Apple/Play App Stores), then you want to jump to “Using the App Composer”. This is the least technical way to get started with app building in Point.io but a lot of the underlying concepts will be hidden from you.
If you want it all, then just pick one. The system is big and inter-related. The assets you build in App Composer become the assets that you interact with through the API. The assets in the API are also accessible as objects from inside of the SDK.
- Community Documentation site: http://documentation.point.io/
- Development Sandbox URL: https://sandbox01.point.io
- You may start by using our demo account sign-on.
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pwd: demo
- APIKey: FA54D35F-3988-41A9-903598C09071ACD1
- And/or get yourself a point.io account. Every account is a developer account. https://sandbox01.point.io/login
- Create your own unique API key for your account: http://api.point.io/ui-cfml/listApplications.cfm
Using the APIs
- Goto the ActiveDoc API page at https://sandbox01.point.io
- If you sign-on to the UI, your SessionKey will be automatically populated for each API call.
- If you wish, you may supply your credentials to the /auth call to receive a SessionKey for subsequent calls.
- Go through the tutorials that show common API-driven use-cases: http://sandbox01.point.io/tutorial
Using the App Composer
- Open the composer (and signin). https://sandbox01.point.io/composer
- Checkout the Apps repository on GitHub: https://github.com/PointIO/apps
- Use the “import app” button on the Apps listing in the App Composer. (hint: it is the right button in the top-right of the UI)
- Use the “edit” button next to your newly imported App to get into the guts.
Using the Mobile SDK & Open Source
- Download the Open Source code project from GitHub: https://github.com/PointIO/MobileSDKs. (We recommend that you ‘fork us’ if you know what that is.)